Wednesday, January 6, 2010

{Resolutions}

Resolutions. I love them almost as much as I love my to do lists.

{2010}
~Blog every week!
~ Order new canvas artwork for the studio. Love the look of canvas. So hard to narrow down my image selection.
~ Give up coffee. I have been off coffee for 10 days now and it is not fun. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a cup of coffee every morning at 6 am. This is my favorite time of the day but I find that I’m more productive now that I don’t spend an hour in bed drinking coffee while watching Hoarders.
~ Change my studio window display every season & holiday.
~ Learn to cook. I am not the chef in the family…not even close. I can shuck oysters, make cocktails and set up a killer antipasto platter but that is about it.
~ Launch my portrait website.
~ Photograph a romantic elopement. Contact the studio if you are planning a romantic runaway wedding.
~ Break up with cheese. I love my cheese.
~ Set up a solid work schedule and stick to it even when unplanned things pop up.
~ Create a photography inspiration wall in my home office.
~ Finish decorating my house.
~ Order new products. I have been to many exciting photographers workshops over the past few months and there are some fabulous products out there that I must have in my studio and offer to my clients.
~ Learn how to make pesto like my mother
~ Learn to play chess as good as my father
~ Learn how to be as giving as my husband
~ Learn to sleep as soundly as my dog/child Ernie
~ Work with an international non-profit organization.
~ Get back into yoga. I have a great yoga studio around the corner from my studio. Very exciting.
~ Go to the movies more.
~ Start a flea market/yard sale blog.
~ Get back into running. I use to be a division I track star but since my business has taken off I find that it is hard for me to make time for myself. Must make time.
~ Relax and not be such a neat freak.
~ Shoot different stuff. People, places and things.
~ Cappuccino machine for the studio. This is a must.
~ See a Broadway show…it has been way too long.
~ Photograph a veteran of the Iraq war.
~ Spend more time with friends.
~ Develop the 100 rolls or exposed film I have in my office.
~ Make it to the Brimfield Market in May. I must find the antique medicine cabinet that I let get away from me last year.
~ Have professional photos taken of myself. I’m camera shy so we shall see.
~ Start a garden.
~ Visit my family in Peru …with my husband.
~ Website makeover! I love my sofa logo and it isn’t going anywhere but I finally found a new blog designer that can visualize and create the image and feel that I have in my mind for my studio. I never rush into anything as all good things take time☺



{ring shot from Natalie & Scott's 10.04.2009 wedding}

1 comment:

  1. like the: start a garden, international non-profit, yoga, yard sale blog, photograph new things.There's a great non-profit that started in Burlington at the Green Door Studio - Veterans turn their uniforms into paper, then books, into which they journal and write poetry about their experiences - you could photograph them:)
    Don't like that "with Jenny" is missing form the following: Brimfield, movies, visiting Peru. I also don't see how the Cappuccino machine and the you quitting coffee will mesh; maybe you should just get a wide screen tv for the studio that plays Hoarders 24/7??

    ReplyDelete