Monday, January 4, 2010

{life} the best part of saying goodbye to 2009 while in the country...

8 course dinner party with old friends who are like family, fondue & more fondue, shucking oysters, thrift store finds $3 brand new North Face ski pants, two for $5 vintage cameras, making and canning apple chutney, hiking in the snow, spending a whole entire day lakeside sitting by the fire cooking & eating, heading home with farm fresh eggs, granola and homemade apple butter with the best husband and dog in the car with you!


[PS} I need to stop taking photos with my iPhone because the photos never make it on the blog! Here are a few with my big girl camera.


This was the holiday card that we sent out to family and friends. I love having a chalkboard in my kitchen.


Ernie hanging out at the farm.



Ernie on lock down in the guest room. Our friends have a kitty cat and well my friend Ernie is a bit to a cat chaser.



If you look closely you can see that I am putting way more into this hug than my camera shy husband.



Playtime Vermont style.




I am very lucky to have great friends who live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Grand Isle, VT has become a second home to me not only for relaxation but also for my portrait business. My friend Jennifer (who is a photographer and shoots with me when I am lucky to get her) is a farmer/gardener/chef. Over the holidays she taught me how to make apple chutney and pack our car with fresh eggs, home maple butter and granola that I will admit I started eating at 5 am while still in bed this morning.






I am a thrift store/yard sale/antique store/vintage junkie. No getaway is complete without some tag sale finds. This trip I scored two vintage cameras and a gorgeous weathered bowl (check out the egg photo above.)




1 comment:

  1. Aww... fondue is no fun alone, I tried. Check this place out, though - you miss a couple of days and there's Choco Tacos and doggie sneakers! I like the shot where they're coming down the stairs and everyone's on the other side of the wall.

    ReplyDelete