Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Great News!!

This news is better than the coffee I drink each morning, better than the 2 new Anthropologie rugs that I found on the sale rack, better than Barolo...!


For the past few years I have volunteered my photography to M.A.R.E and the Heart Gallery. Last fall I photographed 12 year Shaquon for the Heart Gallery. I am thrilled to report that Shaquan has been adopted!!!

What is the Heart Gallery?
“Organized by the Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange, Inc. (MARE), the Heart Gallery is a striking exhibit of portraits of children in the state’s foster care system in need of adoption. Professional and amateur photographers volunteer their expertise to create remarkable images of the children. Most of the youth have been waiting at least one year to find a family to call their own, and include school-aged children, sibling groups, children of color, and those with emotional, intellectual, and physical difficulties. The goal of the Heart Gallery is to raise awareness about adoption from foster care and to find adoptive homes for the more than 600 Massachusetts’ children who wait.”

No comments:

Post a Comment