Monday, December 24, 2007

My Secret Trip: Ireland


I am back from my secret trip. Some of you knew that I was planning a surprise trip for my husbands 35th birthday. He thought that we were heading to NYC to celebrate but instead I secretly planned a little trip to Ireland!! Here are are few pictures from our whirlwind adventure. We spent a few days in Dublin visiting the Kilmainham Jail. This jail was built between 1792 and 1795. I love history especially Irish history and this landmark was filled with historical information about the Irish peoples resistance to English rule. We of course visited the Guinness factory like good little tourists!! From Dublin we headed across the country to Galway where we visited: Dunguaire Castle- a 16th century tower house and one of Ireland’s “real” castles built for protection not a private residence, Ailwee Cave- a limestone cave with where bears would hibernate..when there were wild bears, and finally the Cliffs of Moher!! We completed our trip with a visit to O’Maille where we bought ourselves traditional Irish wool caps!!
Have wonderful holiday!!
P.S. The studio reopens on Wed 12/26th


















1 comment:

  1. Anonymous24.12.07

    Irish eyes on fire; is there a fireman in the Castle (maybe Pub)
    Lifting a pint to your trip. Beautiful pictures from the land of green.

    ReplyDelete